The technology-related parts of the course are presented based on several resources that will be listed on the course homepage on CECM.
The architectural parts are presented based on the following textbook, and the updates to the book.
- M. Fowler, Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- B. Eckel, Thinking in Java, 4th ed., Prentice-Hall, 2006. [Third edition online version]
- M. Hall and L. Brown, Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages, 2nd ed., Prentice-Hall, 2003. [Online version]
- M. Harwood, M. Goncalves, and M. Pemble, Security Strategies in Web Applications and Social Networking, Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2010.
The final score of the students are computed according to the following weights:
Assignments and Final Project
- The assignments will be corrected with automatic testers. The result will make a major part of the assignment grades. The assignments will be reviewed manually to check the design and style.
- To pass the course, students must get at least 50% of the mid-term and final exams
- In case of copies, both source and destination receive a 100% penalty.
The course emphasizes practices of programming through weekly computer assignments (CAs). The assignments are accessible through the course CECM page. The CAs are tested automatically for correctness and manually for design and style. The final project of the term is scheduled for the last three weeks of the term.
- Introduction to Internet Engineering
- Web basics (HTML, HTTP, Web Servers)
- Java Socket Programming
- Writing Simple HTTP Server
- Dependency Injection and IoC Containers
- Reflection in Java
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Java Servlets
- JavaServer Pages
- Web Application Development
- The MVC Pattern
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) Architecture
- Introduction to Angular JS
- Layered Architecture
- Java Database Access
- Object-Relation Mapping
- Session Management
- Web Application Security
- Concurrency Control
- Distribution and Clustering
- Web Application Performance
- Microservice Architecture